My Surface (Pro) will not turn on or recover from sleep?
Normally this is caused by the computer not coming out of sleep.
Here is an easy fix.
1. Attach the power supply and make sure the light is on
2. Wait twenty seconds “it could take an hour or so”
3. Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds and then release
4. Turn Surface back on
If the previous steps don’t work, you attempt a two button restart:
1. Power off the Surface Pro 3
2. Hold Volume Up and the Power button at the same time for 10-15 seconds
3. Release buttons
4. Wait 5-10 seconds
5. Power on the Surface
6. Keep the Surface plugged to the power supply for a little while “Over night”
Your Surface Won’t Start, Method 2:
Make sure that the Power Supply is attached to the device and the light is on. Then leave the computer plugged in for an hour or overnight.
Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
Repeatedly press and hold the Power button for 1/2 second before letting go (on/off on/off on/off).
Wait a few seconds to see if the Surface boots up.
If it does not, repeat the process.
Here is another thing you can try, but understand it MAY DELETE ALL OF YOUR FILES!!!!
Your Surface Won’t Start, Method 3:
Important: Microsoft says to NOT use this process.
Always make sure the Surface is turned off firstand the battery is charged and was on the charger over night.
Press and hold Volume Up (on the left side) and the Power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds. [You may see the screen flash the Surface logo but continue to hold for 15 seconds.] Release both buttons and wait 15 more seconds.
Turn on the Surface as usual.