My Quickbooks is running slow
1. Make sure Windows is updated on every computer Quickbooks is running on. Also make sure Quickbooks is updated also.
2. Make sure the network your running Quickbooks is on is not a WiFi network. Quickbooks requires a wired connection to the server and to the desktop. WiFi connections do not maintain a reliable connection required for databases.
3. Insure your database can be verified. Inside the file menu there is a “Verify Data” menu under utilities and make sure your database can be verified.
4. Make a backup of your company file with verification and restore the company file to a new location. This can fix database issues and can make the Quickbooks disk files smaller.
5. Run Quickbooks on the local computer only. Try to run the database only on the local computer. If it’s faster, then there is a issue with networking and the server the database is on.
6. Make sure the Quickbooks Database manager is running on the server that is hosting the Quickbooks file.
7. When the Quickbooks file is stored on a server insure the file is running from a Solid-State Drive.