How do I connect to a Windows XP Pro, 7 Pro, 8 Pro, Server 2003, Server 2008 computer from my Windows XP Pro or Home computer.
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet or to the LAN. If you require a dial-up connection to a virtual private network (VPN) or Remote Access server, connect to it.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
- Click Options.
- In the Computer field list, type the host name or the IP address of the computer to which you want to connect.
- Type the user name, password, and domain (if applicable) of an account to which you have allowed remote access into the corresponding boxes, and then click Connect.
- To save the connection to your desktop. Click save as, Click Desktop on the left side, then type in the name of the computer
What to do after the connection has been established.
- At this time you should see a Windows Log On dialog box or it shows a Windows XP login screen, It depends on what computer your connecting to.
- In the Log On to Windows dialog box that appears, type the password of the account with remote access privileges into the Password box. (If you have little boxes, this only happens in Windows 7, 8, or Server 2008 products, click on Other users then type in your username and Password. If your company uses a domain remember to put the name of the domain before the username then use a \ then the username ex. EE\justin)
- Then click switch User (Windows 7, 8, or Server 2008 products) or click ok (Windows XP, or Server 2003 products)
What happens on the other end?
Once you connect it will disable any input or any screen information on the other side. Just remember that if your connecting to another computer that other people use.
NOTE: If the remote session is displayed in full-screen mode, you may be unable to see the Close button. In this case, restore the window from the remote session banner that is displayed at the top of the session window (click the Restore button).
More info can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315328