How do I reinstall Windows 8 on a Dell Inspiron 20, and other Windows 8 computers, without disc’s?
Windows, from most major manufactured computers, can be reset “Refreshed, Reinstalled, Reimaged, set back to factory default, or a OEM clean install” by restarting the computer in recovery mode.
You would do this if the computer can’t boot to the Login Screen, or the computer is running slow.
(THIS PROCESS WILL REMOVE ALL OF THE DATA OFF THE COMPUTER. BACKUP THE COMPUTER BEFORE STARTING)
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Hold down Shift and Turn on the computer and press and release F8 at a fast pace until the Windows “recovery mode” screen shows up, then stop pressing F8 and shift. (If Windows wants to login, turn off the computer and repeat the process.) Also if this does not work go into the BIOS and turn off fast boot.
3. Make sure all external devices are not connected Printers, Scanners, Media Card Readers, Small Media cradles (iPod, PDA, MP3 player, etc.), Digital Cameras and Video Recorders, USB storage devices, CDs or DVDs from all optical drives.
4. Click Troubleshoot.
5. Click Reset.
6. Click “Clean the drive fully” (THIS WILL REMOVE ALL OF THE DATA OFF THE COMPUTER. BACKUP THE COMPUTER)
7. Click Reset, this will take hour’s even over night. the computer may reboot many times while the system is reinstall
8. When you see the screen asking for “language and region” the reinstall is complete.